Looking to practice fun Tunisian crochet stitches. Check out this FREE Tunisian Arrowhead Square crochet blanket square pattern!
Keywords: Tunisian crochet, Tunisian crochet patterns, Tunisian crochet pattern, crochet blanket square pattern, crochet blanket square, crochet Afghan square, free crochet pattern, crochet pattern, crochet patterns, Tunisian crochet stitches, free Tunisian crochet pattern
Affiliate Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase anything through these links, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
The blanket square crochet pattern is part of the Charity Cozy Fall MAL. Twenty unique knit and crochet square designs are released throughout the month of October 2021 to form a cozy fall blanket. You can find all the MAL info and all the knit square patterns HERE!
You can get the free pattern below or grab the Ad-FREE PDF from my Etsy and Ravelry Shops. You can also grab all 20 crochet squares from the Cozy Fall MAL so you don’t have to wait for new squares to be released. 50% from each bundle purchase will be donated to Cure Childhood Cancer! You will also be entered into a raffle to win 1 of 3 epic pirze bundles!
About the Pattern:
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
Lion Brand Yarn Pound of Love in Cherry 80 yards (Size 4 worsted weight yarn; 454 g/ 16 oz, 1020 yd; 100% acrylic)
10.5 K 6.5 mm Tunisian crochet hook that is at least 12 in. long or with a 12 in. cord
- Gauge is 15 sts over 13 rows in Tunisian arrowhead stitch for a 4 x 4 in. square using a 6.5 mm hook.
- The finished size of the square laid flat is 8 x 8 inches
This pattern is for a fun Tunisian crochet square. It’s the perfect textured square to practice the Tunisian arrowhead stitch!
- This pattern uses a few Tunisian crochet techniques. Use the following video tutorials as needed:
- Pattern rows are Forward pass instructions.
- The following instructions are implied:
- The loop already on the hook at the beginning of the row counts as the first st.
- Always Tunisian simple stitch in the last st of the row, being sure to work under both loops of the st.
- Return Pass: Follow the foundation row and each row with the Return Pass in the same color unless a color change is needed.
- Return Pass Instructions: Ch 1, *yarn over, pull through two loops; repeat from * until 1 loop remains on the hook.
Tss: Tunisian simple stitch
Tss2tog: Tunisian simple stitch 2 together
Tfs: Tunisian full stitch
RetP: Return Pass -Explained above
Yo: Yarn over
Row 1 (Foundation Row): Pick up a loop in the back bump of each chain. Complete normal RetP. (32 sts).
Row 2: *Tss2tog, yo. Rep * to last st. Work last st as normal. Normal RetP.
Row 3: *Tss, Tfs in next sp. Rep * to last st. Work last st as normal. Normal RetP.
Repeat rows 2 and 3 until the piece measures 8 inches. Bind off and weave in ends.
You are done! Have any questions? The best way to reach me is via email: [email protected]
Share your square with me on social media using the hashtag #TunisianArrowheadSquare and #CozyFallMAL to enter the MAL Giveaway!
This is an original pattern from Noor’s Knits, ©2021. Please do not reprint, repost, or sell any parts of this pattern, but feel free to link back to my blog. You are welcome to sell finished items made from this pattern but please kindly link back to my website. Send questions to [email protected].