Crochet and knitting pattern testing is an essential process every designer has to go through in order to publish designs. My biggest concern with designing is making sure my numbers all make sense and the process of making the piece is easy to follow! I plan on publishing more baby and kids patterns and need a group of testers that I can rely on regularly. I rely on feedback and comments from testers to make my pattern the best version before I hit the publish button! In return for your effort, time, and valuable feedback, I will showcase your work on my social media platforms including my Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest!
Hello! Thank you so much for applying to be a tester for my baby/kids patterns. Before reading any further, some major requirements I have are that you: 1.) Have a public Instagram profile, 2.) An available baby or child model to try my patterns on (preferably at home), 3.) Able to take clear and bright pictures (in daylight), 4.) Have a Ravelry profile where you can share a project.
Please answer the questions below and please see the requirements I have of a tester: – To finish and have emailed notes by a given deadline. – Check for mathematical errors – Check for grammatical errors – Convey things that could have been explained better – Contact if there is anything that doesn’t make sense – Time how long it took you to test – Confirm yardage used – Give final measurements – Send a work in progress photo(s), finished photo(s) of your work as a flat lay and on a model – (so I can see how the fit ended up on the baby/child) – Put up a Ravelry project within one week of the pattern release. Testers will be directly e-mailed when testing opportunities become available. Thank you so much for applying to be a regular tester for Noor’s Knits!
Here are the things I am looking for in a knit/crochet pattern tester:
- Has a public Instagram profile
- Can read through a pattern and follow directions
- Knows basic crochet and/or knitting techniques (I usually provide video tutorial links or photo tutorials)
- Communicate with me and other testers via an Instagram direct message group
- Give feedback about sizing, numbers, format, and the general flow of the pattern. Must have a baby or child that can try the finished piece by the deadline!
- Take high-quality pictures (bright and clear) taken in daylight outside or near a window, clear and show details of the project (flat lay pictures and on models)
- Help promote the pattern release by sharing on social media
- Add a project to Ravelry within one week of the pattern release
- Agree to copyright terms: never share or replicate any parts of the design and pass them on as their own.
Crochet and Knitting Pattern Tester Application
Fill out this form if you are interested and can agree to all of the above!
Read more about and try my latest free crochet pattern, the Back to School Tunisian Bag pattern here.
Try my latest free knitting pattern and read more about the Cute As a Button Wrap pattern here.
Get to all of my important updates and links here.