Free knitting pattern – pin it now and make it later!
Newborn photography requires delicate pieces which take longer to make but look so cute! This project taught me to slow down and to have patience and trust the process. It’s a good project when you want to slow down. This free knitting pattern is for a newborn wrap that is knitted flat with bobbles along one side and a velvety texture along the top.
This post contains affiliate links.
For this project, I was able to collaborate with a talented photographer who’s also my friend. Anjum from Once Upon A Lens Photography has gone above and beyond in styling and capturing the detail of the wrap!
- 246 yards of Lion Brand Yarn Velluxe in Dusty Pink
- 590 yards of Lion Brand Yarn Feels Like Butta Bonus Bundle in White
- US 7 4.5 mm 32 in. circular needles – Chiagoo US 7 4.5 mm 32 in. Circular knitting needles
- Stitch marker – Clover locking stitch marker
- Measuring Tape – Singer retractable measuring tape
- Scissors – Vintage embroidery scissors
- Yarn Needle – Clover jumbo yarn needle
- K: Knit
- P: Purl
- MkB– make bobble: k3 with velluxe, turn work and purl 3, turn work and k2tog, k1, pass 1st st over 2nd stitch.
The ad-free PDF file includes video tutorial links for all stitches and techniques.
Buy the inexpensive ad-free pdf on Etsy.
Buy the inexpensive ad-free pdf on Ravelry.
Cute As A Button Wrap Pattern
Cast on 225 st. With Feels Like Butta in White using US 7 32 in. circular needles. Place stitch marker at the beginning of the row.
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: Purl
Repeat rows 1 and 2 for 2 in.
Row 3: Knit 5, (mkb, knit 4)* rep * to end of row.
Rows 4 and 6: Purl across
Rows 5 and 7: knit across
Repeat rows 3 to 7 till wrap measures 14.5 in. Pick up Vel-Luxe yarn and *knit 1 row, purl 1 row* rep * for 3.5 in. Or till piece measures 18 in. From cast on edge.
You are done, now just bundle it up and tie a bow for the perfect baby shower gift or wrap your mini in it and snap a picture.
If you make the wrap, don’t forget to snap a pic and tag me @noorsknits and use the hashtag #cuteasabuttonwrap on Instagram.
I am also currently in search for testers for the super cute Silver Lining Bonnet Pattern pictured here. If you are looking for a super quick and cute baby make head over here to fill out the form.
Looking to try a new craft? Have you tried Tunisian crochet? Trust me, it’s addictive! You can give my creamsicle crochet baby blanket pattern a try over here.