Keywords: Crochet mini hat free pattern, crochet christmas ornament hat pattern, mini hat crochet pattern, small doll hat crochet pattern, crochet mini ornaments, mini crochet beanie, mini crochet ornaments, mini beanie ornaments, mini beanie crochet pattern, mini crochet christmas ornaments, mini beanie crochet, mini hat crochet pattern, mini hat crochet, mini hat crochet pattern free, mini crochet hat ornament, mini crochet hat pattern, how to crochet a mini christmas hat, how to crochet a mini beanie, how to crochet a miniature hat, crochet hat design ideas, mini crochet projects for beginners, Tunisian crochet pattern, Tunisian crochet patterns for beginners
Check out this crochet mini hat free pattern Mini Tunisian Beanie. Free Tunisian crochet pattern with a full video tutorial.
*This post contains affiliate links, if you purchase something through these links, I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you
ABOUT THE CROCHET MINI HAT FREE PATTERN
I just couldn’t help myself after seeing all the mini ornaments going around this time of year! I decided to make a Tunisian crochet version with my good ole Furls Streamline Wood Laurel Hook! This pattern is for a super cozy and fun Tunisian crochet mini beanie that can be completed by a beginner using a regular crochet hook! It is made with Tunisian knit stitch and the project can be completed in half an hour to elevate your holiday decor! I have a full video tutorial to go along with it!
Crochet mini hat free pattern IMPORTANT DETAILS
Skill Level: Beginner
SMALL WITH WORSTED WEIGHT YARN:
Big Twist Twinkle in Red – 60 yds (6 oz/170 g; 380 yds/347 m; 97% Acrylic 3% Polyester; size 4 worsted weight)
Caron Simply Soft Tweeds in Off White – 40 yards (Size 4 worsted weight yarn; 5 oz/141 g, 250 yds/228 m; 97% Acrylic, 3% viscose)
LARGE WITH BULKY YARN:
Lion Brand Yarn Hue & Me in Agave -60 yards (Bulky weight size 5; 4.4 oz/ 125g; 137 yd/ 125; 80% Acrylic, 20% Wool)
Lion Brand Yarn Wool Ease Thick and Quick in Fisherman – 40 yards (Size 6 super bulky weight; 6 oz./ 170g, 106 yd/97 m; 80% acrylic, 20% wool)
- Size US 10.5 (6.5 mm) crochet hook, I used my Furls Streamline Laurel Hook, shop Streamline wood hooks here. STREAMLINE WOOD HOOK GIFT SETS
- Gauge is not important for this pattern.
- The small finished mini beanie using worsted weight yarn is 2.5 x 2.5 in.
- The big finished mini beanie using bulky yarn is 3 x 3 in.
Crochet mini hat free pattern Pattern Notes:
- This pattern uses a few Tunisian crochet techniques. Use the following video tutorials as needed:
- Pattern rows are Forward pass instructions.
- The following instructions are implied:
- The loop already on the hook at the beginning of the row counts as the first st.
- Always TSS in the last st of the row, being sure to work under both loops of the st.
- There are two ways to increase, you can follow either method for the increases in this pattern:
- Tks Increase: Insert your hook in the space between two stitches (with the hook entering through the front and emerging at the back) and draw up a loop.
- Back bump increase: insert your hook into the back bump of the same stitch you just worked into and pull up a loop.
- Return Pass: Follow the foundation row and each row with the Return Pass in the same color.
- Return Pass Instructions: Ch 1, *yarn over, pull through two loops; repeat from * until 1 loop remains on the hook.
Tss: Tunisian simple stitch
Inc: Increase – Explained above
Tks2tog: Tunisian knit stitch 2 together
Sc: Single crochet
RetP: Return Pass -Explained above.
Crochet mini hat free pattern Pattern Instructions:
Row 1: (Foundation Row): Pick up a loop in the back bump of each chain. Complete normal RetP. (8 sts)
Rows 2 and 3: Tks across (8 sts)
Row 4: Tks2tog, tks to last 3 sts and tks2tog, work last st as normal (6 sts)
Rows 5: Tks across
Row 6: Tks2tog twice, work last st as normal (4 sts)
Rows 7 to 9: Tks across (4 sts)
Row 10: Inc, tks to last st, Inc, work last st as normal (6 sts)
Rows 11 and 12: Tks across (6 sts)
Row 13: Inc, tks to last st, inc, work last as as normal (8 sts)
Rows 14 to 16: Tks across (8 sts)
Bind off, leaving an 18 in. tail, cut yarn. Fold the beanie in half with the right side facing out. Whip st around but leave the bottom open. With beanie upside down and right side facing you, join contrast color yarn and sc join across. Sl st into the last st. Leaving a 6 in. tail cut yarn and weave all loose ends into the beanie. Attach the ribbon or twine to the top to hang.
You are done! Have any questions? The best way to reach me is via email: [email protected]
Share your finished beanie with me on social media using the hashtag #MiniTunisianBeanie for a chance to be featured! Instagram @noorsknits
This is an original pattern from Noor’s Knits, ©2022. Please do not reprint, repost, or sell any parts of this pattern, but feel free to link back to my blog. You are welcome to sell finished items made from this pattern but please kindly link back to my website. Send questions to [email protected].