Pin this easy coaster crochet pattern to your favorite boards
Check out this easy coaster crochet pattern using easy Tunisian crochet stitches to create a minimalist Farmhouse crochet design.
This post contains affiliate links, if you purchase anything from these links I will earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Keywords: Easy crochet coaster patterns, free crochet coaster patterns pdf, free crochet coaster patterns to download, modern crochet coaster pattern, vintage crochet coaster pattern, beautiful crochet coasters
free square crochet coaster patterns, easy crochet coaster patterns for beginners, easy square crochet coaster patterns, easy patterns to crochet, easy coasters to crochet, free easy crochet coaster patterns,
easy crochet ideas for beginners
Inspiration behind the Simple Seed Coasters:
When we initially moved into our own home, I had so many crochet decor design ideas! I knew I wanted to add a few modern crochet designs to go with the modern look of our home. The simplest of these designs are coasters, they add such a nice modern touch to the kitchen decor! DMC Crafts sent me this gorgeous Nova Vita 12 yarn (thanks!) to try out and I initially thought a planter using this corded yarn would be nice but I also liked the idea of modern chunky crochet coasters.
So, I worked up a gauge swatch with a 10 mm hook but realized it was a little tough since this yarn is corded and jumbo weight so I went up a hook size and used a size 17 12 mm hook from my Denise Interchangeables set and I loved the stitch definition and how nicely it worked up in Tunisian simple stitch. I added a line of purl stitches to give it a minimalist twist and I love how they turned out.
This pattern is for a minimalist Farmhouse style textured Tunisian crochet coaster that can be completed by a beginner! It is made with two simple stitches and the project can be completed in an hour and makes for the perfect stash buster gift idea!
Note: Working Tunisian crochet with a corded yarn like this can be tough on the hands so it’s a good idea to take breaks.
About the Pattern:
Skill Level: Beginner
DMC Nova Vita 12 in 31 – 20 yds per coaster (9 oz/250 g; 60 yds/55 m; 80% upcycled cotton, 20% polyester Woven cord, with thinner inside cord); Jumbo weight
Bernat Maker Big, Premier Yarns Premier Home Cotton XL, Hobbii Bungee Mini
Size of the coaster may vary if the yarn weight is different.
- Size O US 17 (12 mm) Tunisian crochet hook with a 4 in. Cord. from my favorite Tunisian crochet hook set, the Denise Interchangeables Set, get it HERE
- Gauge is 10 sts over 6 rows in Tunisian Simple Stitch for a 4×4 in. square
- The finished coaster is 4.5 x 4.5 in.
- This pattern uses a few Tunisian crochet techniques. Use the following video tutorials as needed:
- Pattern rows are Forward pass instructions.
- The following instructions are implied:
- The loop already on the hook at the beginning of the row counts as the first st.
- Always TSS in the last st of the row, being sure to work under both loops of the st.
- Return Pass: Follow the foundation row and each row with the Return Pass in the same color.
- Return Pass Instructions: Ch 1, *yarn over, pull through two loops; repeat from * until 1 loop remains on the hook.
Tss: Tunisian simple stitch
Tps: Tunisian purl stitch
RetP: Return Pass -Explained above.
Tunisian Crochet Pattern Instructions:
Row 1 (Foundation Row): Pick up a loop in the back bump of each chain. Complete normal RetP. (8 sts)
Row 2: Tps, tss 5, work last st as normal
Row 3: Tss, tps, tss 4, work last st as normal
Row 4: Tss 2, tps, tss 3, work last st as normal
Row 5: Tss 3, tps, tss 2, work last st as normal
Row 6: Tss 4, tps, tss 1, work last st as normal
Row 7: Bind off in this pattern: Tss 5, tps, work last st as normal
Bind off. Leave a 6 in tail and cut yarn, weave in ends.
Repeat rows 1 to 7 for each coaster.
You are done! Have any questions? The best way to reach me is via email: [email protected]
Share your finished coasters with me on social media using the hashtag #SimpleSeedCoasters for a chance to be featured!
Instagram @noorsknits Facebook @noorsknits1