Check out this easy textured modern crochet placemat pattern. Practice the Tunisian moss stitch with this fun crochet kitchen pattern.
Keywords: Crochet placemat pattern, Tunisian crochet pattern, crochet home decor, modern crochet placemat pattern, pdf pattern, Tunisian crochet, Tunisian crochet stitches, crochet stitches, Tunisian crochet moss stitch, Crochet kitchen pattern, crochet for kitchen
This pattern is for a textured tunisian crochet placemat that can be completed by a beginner! It is made with two simple stitch repeats. It is made in the Tunisian moss stitch pattern which is made up of the Tunisian knit and purl stitches. The placemat can be completed easily in a few hours and is a perfect mindless project and makes for a great gift idea. This modern crochet placemat pattern pdf is available as part of a bundle with all the Stashbusting Blog Hop pattern pdfs until Jan. 29th alongside some other great stashbuster crochet patterns.
About the Modern crochet placemat Pattern:
Skill Level: Beginner
Bernat Maker Home Decor in Cream (260 yards) (8.8 oz/250 g.; 317 yds/290 m; 72% cotton, 28% nylon; size 5)* This is the amount needed per placemat* For a set of 4 you would need 4 skeins. You can also use a comparable T-shirt yarn or fabric yarn.
- Size M13 (9 mm) Tunisian crochet hook with a 24 in. Cord. Get my favorite Denise Interchangeable Tunisian crochet hook set here.
- Gauge is 15 sts over 8 rows in Tunisian Simple Stitch for a 4×4 in. square
- The finished placemat is 18 in. wide by 14.5 in. in length
- This pattern uses a few Tunisian crochet techniques. Use the following video tutorials as needed:
- Pattern rows are Forward pass instructions.
- The following instructions are implied:
- The loop already on the hook at the beginning of the row counts as the first st.
- Always TSS in the last st of the row, being sure to work under both loops of the st.
- Return Pass: Follow the foundation row and each row with the Return Pass in the same color.
Return Pass Instructions: Ch 1, *yarn over, pull through two loops; repeat from * until 1 loop remains on the hook.